Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A 25-hour Day

I need more time in my day, more energy, more mental and physical stamina. I don't know how to get this right, I think the only answer is a clone!

In my previous post I kinda concluded that gym before work didn't really work for me. But recently, in an attempt to free up more time after work, I decided to give gym before work another try.
The hospital I'm working at, at present includes a 7am start, every morning. As fate would have it, the gym is about 5km from the hospital. Now that I've graduated to uber yuppie gym bunny and joined the Virgin Active Classic, the fight for machines has become null and void. Since I need more hours in my day, why not cut down on the time wasted sleeping and get to gym by 5h00? I can easily to get to work by 7h00, miss traffic, and in the evenings that would add at least another hour to studying time. Invaluable!

Unfortunately, so far, after a total of about 6 attempts at this, interrupted by all the damn public holidays, all I feel right now is tired. If my sentence construction is suboptimal, it's cos I'm TIRED!!
Instead of studying from 20h00 to 23h00 or 21h00 to 00h00 like I used to, I get home with a fuzzy head. I convince myself that food and a bit of time in front of the TV will help. By 19h00 I can barely keep my eyes open. I decide an hour's nap will help. I lie down, but start worrying about waking up in an hour. When my alarm goes off at 20h00, I still haven't slept, I need a bit more time. I finally stumble to my desk around 20h45, head still feeling a bit fuzzy. I open the books and start to stress about waking up at 4h30...

Right now it's 23h06. I closed the books because I was reading the same line over and over again. I still need to pack my gym bag, so that when I wake up I can hit the ground running. At most, I'm probably gonna get 5 hours of sleep if I'm gonna wake up at 4h30. I'm already anxious about that. I'm exhausted, but I'm anxious about whether I'll be able to fall asleep.
This is like a horrible nightmare. But I'm not ready to admit defeat just yet. Maybe my aging body is just a bit resistant to change and needs a little more time to adjust.

Maybe, just maybe, I can have a 25 hour day...

No comments:

Post a Comment