Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In an attempt to build the follower base:

I'd like to start off by saying big up to our follower base, we love you, we would be nothing without you!!!

While Delon is away on a business trip in north west Africa, I'm going to hope he's distracted and I'll be able to get away with doing my own thing here! He doesn't believe readers want to know about us personally, they want facts and tips that lead to six packs and tight butts. Ok, readers do want six packs and tight butts, but I believe that a bit of a personal touch leads to a connection, which leads to loyal followers. So on that note, let me tell you a bit about us and why following us will be beneficial to you.

The most important thing is that we are very different and have very different styles of staying fit.

Delon, as mentioned previously, has always been skinny and has never had any kind of intimate relationship with food. I, on the other hand was the fat kid who ate a lot.

Delon lives in a big city and works for a big company, he drives a brightly coloured sports car and he has a hectic social life. He sometimes finishes work around 7pm and then still goes out for drinks and has to fit a workout in somewhere in between all of this. He also does a significant amount of business traveling, both national and international. So sticking to a fitness routine is challenging for him.
I live in a little town on the South Coast of KZN, I don't travel much except on holiday. Although I do work long hours, I usually have a pretty routine work week. I can plan ahead and decide when to fit in my workouts for the week. I usually don't drink during the week and I'm also studying at the moment, so planning how I spend my time is of the utmost importance.

Delon is into gadgets, he keeps up with the latest trends, he reads the latest magazines, he subscribes to Men's Health and he doesn't mind spending money on a gym membership so that if he has time to go for a run only at 21h00, he can do so.
I am technologically challenged, I usually don't understand why my computer won't just do what I say when I say, the only way I know about the latest trends is if Delon tells me, I don't believe I should have to spend money to keep fit. I believe in working with what I have, I don't belong to a gym.

It's difficult to get a word out of Delon before 7am on most mornings.
I like exercising in the morning, I don't mind waking up early. I'm a morning person.

All of this translates into 2 very different approaches to staying in shape.
So, what kind of lifestyle do you have? What are the challenges that you face in your path to fitness?
Find out what works for you, and develop your own approach.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that personal insight into your life and routine. Quite refreshing indeed.

    I must say, I usually have a somewhat similar routine to Delon's except for the travelling, however sometimes, when work is quieter I can have a routine weekday schedule.

    I am planning on joining the gym as I do not share Delon's high metabolism "anymore". That's what unfortunately happens as you age.

    Good luck to us all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, metabolism can be kick started again!! Our bodies are very forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that so...? Any tips/tricks to kickstart your metabolism? Or is it a gradual process?

    ReplyDelete